Visual and UX design are intrinsically linked whether we are designing an ecosystem for a web site, a mobile app, museum exhibit, e-learning platform or technical documentation; all require higher level thinking and strategy for communication that appeals and engages the user. But what does it mean to be appealing and engaging? There are visual principles that help guide us when creating digital (and non-digital) artifacts for all types of media. And since vision trumps all other senses… looks do matter.
What You’ll Learn:
- Become knowledgeable about Visual Design terminology
- How to start your research, collect feedback and prioritize next steps
- How to sketch ideas, create personas and user journeys
- How visuals impact users in achieving their goals
- Agile workflows and how to apply them to your projects
- Resources and tools to get you started
- Strategies to help you overcome design and development challenges within your industry
Because this is a workshop, the meal will start at 6:00 and the program begins at 6:30.
About the Presenter
Linda Daniels is a Design Thinker and Experience Architect with over 20 years experience leading cross-functional teams for a list of well-known Fortune 500 companies such as Merck Pharmaceuticals and M&M Mars. She specializes in the strategic direction and design of products and projects for internal and external organizations; creating exceptional user experiences to maximize results for corporate, consumer and educational initiatives. She also serves as a thought leader, collaborating with multidisciplinary top thinkers and innovators who are always in search of excellence and the next big thing. You can find out more about Linda here: www.linkedin.com/in/lindadanielsdesign and @ldaniels_design.