The Society for Technical Communication has awarded the Philadelphia Metro Chapter the Platinum Community Award.
Citation: For having strong and varied programs and events for your members, and especially for your great focus on your student community with your Week of Writing and Web Content Strategy workshop.
Comments: Congratulations to you all for earning a Platinum Community award. Your community was one of the highest scoring applicants in this year’s CAA process. You have so much to offer your members, it was truly a pleasure to review your application.
The STC Community Achievement Award exists to recognize our outstanding communities for providing outstanding member services modeling success, and fostering innovation, which encourages collaboration, and ultimately serving the members of STC.
In addition to serving STC and its communities, Community Achievement Award-related activities provide individual members with many valuable professional development opportunities, including:
- Meeting and networking with other professional technical communicators
- Developing project leadership skills through volunteering for and managing community and Society level projects
- Gaining exposure to industry tools and best practices
- Gaining exposure to companies that employ technical communicators
Levels of Award
The application for the Community Achievement Award is quite extensive. Points are awarded for activities done in 2015.
- Platinum Community Award (Community of Distinction)
Points required: 74.7 or more points (90%)
- Gold Community Award (Community of Excellence)
66.4 to 74.6 points (80%)
- Silver Community Award (Community of Merit)
58.1 to 66.3 points (70%)
Awards can be earned by multiple communities. As in previous years, communities are not competing with each other. Communities perform the activities listed on the Community Achievement Award Application, using these activities to serve the professional technical communication community.
Thank you to the administrative councils and and our chapter members for helping STC-PMC achieve this recognition!