The road to starting a career can be a challenge and as students embark on their journey to becoming technical communicators, the Society for Technical Communication (STC) can help! Together, we can uphold the value of technical communication to students and provide resources, networking, and training that will support them throughout their careers.
Our 2017 membership season is now open and STC student members can join at only $75. When they join now, they will receive 15 months of membership for the cost of 12! That’s all of 2017, plus the remainder of 2016, for free!
For professors and university staff who recruit 10 or more students to join STC, we will extend a discounted rate of $75 (a $150 value!) when they join or renew their 2017 Classic membership. Please share this offer with your fellow colleagues!
Some key benefits for student members include:
- Certification: The Certification Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) program is open for new applicants. Members receive a substantial discount off the certification exam price and employers are currently seeking CPTC-certified TC professionals for their employment needs.
- Communities: Our communities encourage networking of our membership at both the local and global level. Student members may join one regional chapter, one Special Interest Group (SIG), one student chapter, and the Academic SIG at no additional charge. Other membership categories may join communities for a small additional fee.
- Professional Development: New programs are available each week for you to advance your training and learn new skills. STC members save money when registering for online courses, live webinars, and our annual conference.
- Career Center: Those in the market for a new job can visit our new Career Center that will let you search for jobs, post a resume, and take advantage of professional resources to strengthen your job-seeking skills.
- Salary Database: STC publishes an annual Salary Database that members can use to help with job searches or to make a case for a raise.
- Mentor Board: All members can join our Mentor Board and establish mentor/mentee relationships with other seasoned members to help support and advance their careers.
- Education Report Card: STC offers a personalized Education Report Card showing all professional education courses taken with the STC within the past three years. Members can download and share this report with employers, instructors, or peers in the industry.
- eSubscriptions: All members receive online access to STC’s award-winning publications Intercom magazine, Technical Communication journal, STC’s Notebook blog, TechComm Today eNewsletter, and the Technical Communication Body of Knowledge (TCBOK).