The Society for Technical Communications (STC) is the world’s largest and oldest professional association dedicated to the advancement of the field of technical communication. For details about STC, go to www.stc.org/about-stc. STC-PMC, the local chapter of STC, is your local window to the technical communication community.
Why should you join STC-PMC?
- Learning: Attend our monthly meetings in the Philadelphia, Delaware, and New Jersey area. We invite speakers who discuss topics relating to technical communications. To find a calendar of upcoming STC-PMC events, go to www.stcpmc.org.
- Networking: Meet our members at our annual conference, CONDUIT. We want to share our collective and diverse technical communication experiences with those looking to enter the field. For details, go to http://www.stcpmc.org/conferences/.
- Meet thought leaders at our annual conference, CONDUIT: Learn from the best and brightest experts in the field! Our annual conference draws thought leaders from the technical communication, user experience, instructional design, and other fields. For details, go to http://www.stcpmc.org/previous-conferences-workshops/.
- STC Student Memberships: Invest in your technical communication future with an STC student membership. For details, go to https://www.stc.org/membership/.
- Scholarships: Compete for scholarships! STC-PMC sponsors some student STC memberships every year. Those students who receive a sponsored STC membership are eligible to compete for a $500 scholarship to defer educational expenses. For details, go to http://www.stcpmc.org/education/scholarship/.
- Student Honor Societies: Be recognized as a rising technical communicator! STC has two student honorary societies, Sigma Tau Chi (STX) and Alpha Sigma (AS) that recognize student members of the STC who have distinguished themselves as students and have demonstrated promise of future contributions to the Society and the profession. For details go to https://www.stc.org/sigma-tau-chi-alpha-sigma-honor-societies/.
- STC-PMC Mentorship program: Partner with experienced STC-PMC members to learn first-hand about the technical communications field. Come listen, exchange ideas, and learn! We teach each other! Go to www.stcpmc.org/mentor-program/.
- Gain hands-on knowledge and skills: Build your technical communication knowledge and skills. Volunteer to help the STC-PMC chapter in a variety of ways. New ideas are always welcome! For details, go to http://www.stcpmc.org/members/volunteer/.
- Build your technical communication portfolio: Become a published author! The STC Instructional Design & Learning Special Interest Group is offering student essay competition. Become published before you graduate and include it in your portfolio! Go to http://www.stcidlsig.org/students/youcanbepublished/.
- Meet a variety of bright, fun, and engaging people! Meet new people – professional contacts and personal friendships – that will last a lifetime! Hear what some of our members say about STC-PMC. Go to http://www.stcpmc.org/category/testimonials/ .