Want to tell PMC what you’d like to see for the upcoming calendar year? Or provide general feedback on the past year? Then take part in our survey! 5 minutes of your time can help improve everyone’s experience.
On July 29th, a few brave sailors decided to test their mettle against the mighty Brandywine River. Despite reports of flash floods and impending doom, six seaworthy sailors, some hailing from as far as State College and North Jersey, set off on a Saturday morning, searching for surprises and more alliterative uses of the letter “S”. At the end of the voyage, they retired to the Four Dogs Tavern for food and refreshment.
You may not realize it, but STC offer several benefits to its members. Please check out these benefits, as you may be surprised at some of the member perks, such as discounts on Lenovo computers, Hertz car rentals, and UPS! You must log into the STC website to access these benefits.
- Free e-subscriptions to Intercom and Technical Communication
- A free copy of STC’s latest Salary Database
- Access to STC’s new Job Bank
- Access to discounted corporate products and services through STC’s Member Perks program
- Access to over 140 free, on-demand, professional education programs
- Discounts on STC’s live and recorded webinars and online courses
- Opportunities to network with other TC professionals in local chapters and SIGs and attend regional conferences and events
- and more!
Again, thank you for your support of STC. Your engagement is important to us, and we look forward to having you as a member in 2017 and beyond!
STC-PMC is honored that its members like to stick around. In some cases, they keep their STC membership for their entire careers. Accordingly, PMC has started honoring its members who have at least 30 years of STC membership. Going forward, the awards are listed on the Member Longevity Awards page.
Here are the most recent awardees!
- Zyppora Goldberg: 35 years
- Rebecca Worley: 30 years
- Al Brown: 30 years
- Donn DeBoard: 30 years
Greetings, and welcome to the final post I’m going to make for the 2016-2017 year! I wanted to take the time to thank all of the STC-PMC members and supporters for a great year. Some of our 2016-2017 highlights include:
- The many events PMC has hosted:
- Social meetings, such as our canoe trip, holiday party, and trips to the Conshohocken Brewing and Great American Pub.
- Educational sessions, such as meetings about localization processes, mobile storytelling, and using social media.
- Webinars, including Joe Welinske’s “Optimizing the Googeleability of Your Content”, becoming a strategic communicator, and effectively telling your story through content marketing.
- CONDUIT: The Mid-Atlantic TechComm Conference, including the workshops on introverted leadership and MadCap Flare.
- The introduction of our mentor program for new techcomm professionals.
- The expansion of our student sponsorship and scholarship program.
If you missed any events, check out our Past Presentations page where you’ll find links to the program content.
PMC has negotiated partnerships with other area organizations, such as PANMA and IABC. Through this program, you can often register for their events at their own member rate. PMC promotes these events on our Partner Program page, and they promote ours on theirs. Check out the various offerings our partners have for our members.
For all of our hard work, our chapter and members have been recognized by the Society, including:
- A Platinum Level Community Achievement Award. This is the highest level award a community can win, and only 5 other communities reached this level out of 50 eligible communities. STC-PMC is truly one of the leading communities in the world!
- A Pacesetter Award, for implementing an innovative two-level approach to sponsorships and scholarships for students that lets them experience STC membership and encourages volunteerism within the community.
- The honor of STC Associate Fellow, awarded to Stephen Adler.
Additionally, STC-PMC has recognized the contributions of its own members:
- Distinguished Chapter Service Awards were given to Jessie Mallory and Karen Levine for their dedicated time and energy spent on STC-PMC.
- Longtime STC Member Recognition was given to Al Brown, Donn DeBoard, Becky Worley, and Zippy Goldberg for reaching 30 years (and in one case, 35 years) of STC membership.
Year in Review
What does the future hold for STC-PMC? Well we had a great group of leaders this year, and have a great group booked for next year, but we’re always looking for more volunteers. In order to keep our chapter at the top, we need your help. The easiest way you can help the chapter right now is to take 5 minutes and fill out our year-end survey. We are looking for general feedback, programming ideas, and volunteerism.
Please consider volunteering your time, even if it is just a small portion, to our chapter. With your help, you and your fellow chapter members can get the most out of your STC experience.
Timothy Esposito, STC-PMC President