On April 7th, Suzanne Mescan will present “The Cost of Doing Nothing”, a talk sponsored by Vasont Systems at CONDUIT 2018.
What is “Doing Nothing”? It’s staying with the status quo…not making a change. It’s commonly known as “Saving Money” or even “Free”. But is the cost of doing nothing really free?
If you have content challenges, such as:
- quality issues from copying and pasting content;
- scattered content that’s hard to find;
- multiple versions with no idea which one is the most current one;
- missed deadlines;
- long cycle times;
- content coordination nightmares for translating content;
- high translation costs;
- more work than your staff can handle;
- outdated or unsupported systems;
- content in many different formats;
- inefficient review processes;
- content insecurit ;
- project management and tracking issues;
Join this session to find out how much “Doing Nothing” may be costing you and what you can do to make a positive impact on your content and processes.
Suzanne Mescan , Vasont Systems’ President, has worked in all aspects of the information management and publishing industry for more than 30 years, including content management, editorial, art and design, project management, prepress production, printing and binding. Suzanne has authored numerous articles about content management for industry publications and has delivered presentations for the CM Strategies/DITA North America, Intelligent Content, AIIM, and LavaCon conferences, as well as in industry-related group meetings and webinars. She was also a contributing author for the book, Virtual Collaborative Writing in the Workplace: Computer-Mediated Communication Technologies and Processes by Beth L. Hewett and Charlotte Robidoux (Eds.).