Conduit – Connecting Minds
March 28, 2015!
Event Sponsor: Adobe
Hosted by STC Philadelphia Metro Chapter
Conduit – Connecting Minds: March 28, 2015
315 York Rd, Willow Grove, PA 19090
8:15 am to 4:30 pm
Join us for our full-day conference featuring multiple sessions in three tracks following a keynote presentation. The conference will feature a variety of topics and will include opportunities to connect and network with your peers!
Here is a brief summary of what to expect at the conference this year, in no particular order. See our event program page for details!
- Harold Hambrose – Keynote Speaker: What makes us connect with our favorite things?
- David Dylan Thomas: So You Want to Be a Content Strategist?
- Bernard Aschwanden: Tech Comm Cheatsheet
- Danielle Villegas: The Future of Mobile Learning
- Doug Leard: The Agile Triathlon
- Gary Sternberg: Writing Documentation That Matters
- Jessie Mallory: Accessibility and Translatability: Making Your Content Universal
- Kim Lindsey: Using Scenarios to Help People Learn
- Laura Dent: SingleSourcing and Localization: Leveraging Content Across Languages
- Lawrence Souder: Use your technical writing skills for both the bottom line and the public good
- Nathan Relles and Andy Busovsky: Valuing UX – Timing is Everything
- Cheri Mullins: UX for TCs
- Todd DeLuca: Becoming a New Manager
- Closing Session – Ask the Candidates: Adriane Hunt and Christopher Ward, the STC vice presidential candidates, will address the conference
- STC-PMC Members $50
- Students $50
- STC Members $65
- Non-Members $80
Lunch and door prizes will be provided!
We hope to see you at the Iron Abbey!
Note: We will be sharing names and email addresses of the post-conference gathering attendees with our sponsors.
The 2015 Mid-Atlantic Technical Communication Conference is in the Giant Community Center at 315 York Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090. The Giant Community Center is located above the Giant Supermarket and features a large auditorium with three breakout session rooms.
Directions from the PA Turnpike:
- Exit the PA Turnpike at Exit 343 to PA 611 South (Easton Road). Go about 1/3 mile.
- Turn left on Fitzwatertown Road. Go about 1/2 mile.
- Turn right on PA 263 (York Road). Go a little more than 1/2 mile.
- Turn left into the Giant parking lot.
- After parking, enter the Giant using the doors at right.
- After you enter the store, look for the “Community Center” sign. (The entrance is close to the cafe — we’ll have their coffee upstairs!)
- Walk through the doors and up the stairs.
If you choose to follow the Google Maps directions, be aware that its very easy to miss the left turn from PA 611 South onto Cedar Ave., and easy to get lost if you miss that turn.
Public transportation is an option. The Giant Community Center is a five-minute walk from the SEPTA Willow Grove Regional Rail station on the Warminster Line.
And a Word from Our Sponsors…
STC-PMC is honored to have the following groups sponsor the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Technical Communication Conference!
Event Sponsor: Adobe
Many thanks to our other sponsors!
Attendees are eligible for great gifts and raffle prizes from our sponsors:
- Adobe is offering a complete copy of latest Technical Communication Suite 5 ($1699 value).
- MadCap is offering a full copy of the MadPak authoring suite ($1699 value).
- Lynda.com is offering two premium 1-year gift memberships (each a $375 value).
- ThirtySix Software is offering a SmartDocs license (up to $695 value). The winner can choose between SmartDocs Professional Edition or SmartDocs for Independent Contractors.
- Rosenfeld Media is offering books plus a discount code called stcpmcconf good for 20% off of their products.
- O’Reilly is offering ebook certificates. There is a 50% off code that can be used for any XML Press ebook at the O’Reilly site. All you need to do is go to the site, select the books you want, and use the code when prompted at checkout. Code: MARCH-50. Dates: 3/22 through 4/3.
- The Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning program at Boise State University is offering three copies of Foundations of Instructional & Performance Technology.
- Hyperword is offering two books: Advanced Features in MadCap Flare 10 and Essentials of MadCap Mimic 6.
- XML Press is offering books!