March 28, 2015!
Event Sponsor: Adobe
Hosted by STC Philadelphia Metro Chapter
Conference – March 28, 2015
315 York Rd, Willow Grove, PA 19090
8:15 am to 4:30 pm
Join us for our full-day conference featuring multiple sessions in three tracks following a keynote presentation. The conference will feature a variety of topics and will include opportunities to connect and network with your peers!
Here is a brief summary of what to expect at the conference this year, in no particular order. See our event program page for details!
- David Dylan Thomas: So You Want to Be a Content Strategist?
Links as Language
- Bernard Aschwanden: Tech Comm Cheatsheet
- Adriane Hunt: TBD
- Danielle Villegas: The Future of Mobile Learning
- Doug Leard: The Agile Triathlon
- Gary Sternberg: Writing Documentation That Matters
- Jessie Mallory: Accessibility and Translatability: Making Your Content Universal
- Kim Lindsey: Using Scenarios to Help People Learn
- Laura Dent: SingleSourcing and Localization: Leveraging Content Across Languages
- Lawrence Souder: Use your technical writing skills for both the bottom line and the public good
- Nathan Relles and Andy Busovsky: Valuing UX – Timing is Everything
- Cheri Mullins: UX for TCs
- Todd DeLuca: Becoming a New Manager
- STC-PMC Members $50
- Students $50
- STC Members $65
- Non-Members $80
Lunch and door prizes will be provided!
The 2015 Mid-Atlantic Technical Communication Conference is in the Giant Community Center at 315 York Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090. The Giant Community Center is located above the Giant Supermarket and features a large auditorium with three breakout session rooms.
Directions from the PA Turnpike:
- Exit the PA Turnpike at Exit 343 to PA 611 South (Easton Road). Go about 1/3 mile.
- Turn left on Fitzwatertown Road. Go about 1/2 mile.
- Turn right on PA 263 (York Road). Go a little more than 1/2 mile.
- Turn left into the Giant parking lot.
- After parking, enter the Giant using the doors at right.
- After you enter the store, look for the “Community Center” sign. (The entrance is close to the cafe — we’ll have their coffee upstairs!)
- Walk through the doors and up the stairs.
If you choose to follow the Google Maps directions, be aware that its very easy to miss the left turn from PA 611 South onto Cedar Ave., and easy to get lost if you miss that turn.
Public transportation is an option. The Giant Community Center is a five-minute walk from the SEPTA Willow Grove Regional Rail station on the Warminster Line.