On July 29th, a few brave sailors decided to test their mettle against the mighty Brandywine River. Despite reports of flash floods and impending doom, six seaworthy sailors, some hailing from as far as State College and North Jersey, set off on a Saturday morning, searching for surprises and more alliterative uses of the letter “S”. At the end of the voyage, they retired to the Four Dogs Tavern for food and refreshment.
Hurry!! For a limited time, you can join STC as a Student Member at the very low rate of just $52.50 . . . and
. . . invite a fellow student to join STC for free! That’s just $26.25 per person!
Simply complete this form, and return it to STC by Friday, 21 July 2017! Plus, when you purchase a Student Membership, you save 30% on your dues! The discount is reflected in the current student rate posted online and on the application form.
Why Join? – As a student member, you receive membership to one student chapter; one professional chapter, the Academic Special Interest Group (SIG), and one additional SIG, as well as:
- Access to STC’s Job Bank — Post your résumé, review job openings and access career resources to help build and manage your career
- Free Salary Database — A valuable tool to assist in job searches and salary negotiations
- Free e-publications — Get access to Intercom magazine, Technical Communication journal, STC’s Notebook blog, and TechComm Today e-newsletter
- Discounted CPTC Certification Exam — STC Members save $245 on the exam price
- Discounted education — Save on online courses, webinar registrations, and annual conference registration
- Free Education Report Card — Create a personalized marketing tool and show all the education you’ve taken with STC in the past three years
- Access to Member Perks — Save on software and products from companies such as Lenovo, OfficeMax, UPS, Dominion Dental, and more
Questions? Contact [email protected] or call 703-522-4114
STC-PMC is looking for you! We need volunteers for the upcoming program year! Not sure you can commit to a full year? No problem! We’ll work with you around your schedule. Check out the Volunteer page for more information.
Secretary/Membership: Do you want to get to know the whole chapter? Help keep STC-PMC organized and up-to-date, generate member reports and greet new chapter members. Our Secretary and Membership chair helps with that and more.
Sponsorship: Work with our sponsors and partners. Like the free swag from O’Reilly at meetings? The Sponsorship chair helps us arrange all that.
Conference: We always need extra hands planning the conference. Sign up to help plan Conduit. Options include making the program or agenda, set up/take down, evaluating proposals, and publicity.
You may not realize it, but STC offer several benefits to its members. Please check out these benefits, as you may be surprised at some of the member perks, such as discounts on Lenovo computers, Hertz car rentals, and UPS! You must log into the STC website to access these benefits.
- Free e-subscriptions to Intercom and Technical Communication
- A free copy of STC’s latest Salary Database
- Access to STC’s new Job Bank
- Access to discounted corporate products and services through STC’s Member Perks program
- Access to over 140 free, on-demand, professional education programs
- Discounts on STC’s live and recorded webinars and online courses
- Opportunities to network with other TC professionals in local chapters and SIGs and attend regional conferences and events
- and more!
Again, thank you for your support of STC. Your engagement is important to us, and we look forward to having you as a member in 2017 and beyond!
STC-PMC is honored that its members like to stick around. In some cases, they keep their STC membership for their entire careers. Accordingly, PMC has started honoring its members who have at least 30 years of STC membership. Going forward, the awards are listed on the Member Longevity Awards page.
Here are the most recent awardees!
- Zyppora Goldberg: 35 years
- Rebecca Worley: 30 years
- Al Brown: 30 years
- Donn DeBoard: 30 years