Have you ever wanted to be a judge in an STC competition, but didn’t know how to do it?
There is still time to sign up to share your expertise by participating as a judge in the 2014-2015 STC Regional TechComm Competition (New York, Philadelphia and Houston!
If you are an experienced judge or a past winner, your expertise is especially wanted! Our Regional Competition Team will be training for new judges and Refresher Training will be provided, too.
So, you may be asking the following questions, and we’ve got the answers:
- Why volunteer to be a judge?
- What is the Competition Schedule?
- What does a Competition Judge do?
- How much time will it take?
To proceed, please complete the electronic Competition Judging Information Form by Friday, October 3, 2014. If you judged last year and filled out this form, click the link and just send us any updates/changes to your profile or preferences.
The information you provide will help us organize the judging roster and group judges in teams.
- August 23 – October 23 – Call for Entries
- August 24 – October 3 – Call for Judges
- Week of October 9 – Training of Judges by Carolyn Reynolds and STC International
- October 23, 2014, 3:00 PM, Thursday – Deadline for Submission of Entries
- October 23 – December 11, 2014 – Judging period (six weeks including Thanksgiving)
- March, 2015 – STC Regional Awards Banquet Dinner
Thank you and we look forward to your participation! Here’s to a lively and vibrant competition
If you have any questions, please contact one of the following:
Please do not hesitate to email us if you have any questions.
- John Shea, Judging Co-Manager
- Ellen O’Brien, Judging Co-Manager
- Malu Schloss, Regional Competition Co-Chair
- Julie Waxgiser, Regional Competition Co-Chair