Living Beyond Breast Cancer is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by the disease. LBBC reaches more than 600,000 people annually through its programs, services and special events. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania.
The Content Coordinator is responsible for developing original, engaging content for LBBC’s core audiences: women living with breast cancer, their loved ones, and healthcare providers. The Content Coordinator will:
- Produce multiple types of original content, including short- and long-form articles for print and online, promotional materials, and multimedia scripts for LBBC.ORG.
- Work as part of the content team that develops educational resources of interest to LBBC’s audience.
- Coordinate content development projects, including: creating/managing timelines and editorial calendars, writing or producing content, editing, and design.
- Solicit and manage user-generated content including blogs, videos, and photos.
- Interact with and interview LBBC constituents, including people living with breast cancer, their loved ones, healthcare providers and researchers.
- Work closely with the content development team, a medical advisory committee and a consumer advisory committee, to ensure the timeliness, accuracy and sensitivity of content.
- Regularly review online content for updates and revise content as needed.
- Represent LBBC at national professional meetings and report on emerging research, trends and developments of interest and significance to LBBC constituents.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 – 2 years of experience in producing content for the web, multimedia or broadcast journalism and/or health writing for consumer audiences, for both online and/or print
- Exceptional writing, interviewing, editing and production skills for online and/or print, with experience writing both long- and short-form content
- Experience with or knowledge of developing video content and coordinating video or photo shoots
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort communicating with internal and external stakeholders in person, by email and by phone
- Comfort dealing with sensitive issues and care in dealing with specialized audiences
- Superior administrative and organizational skills
- Knowledge of design concepts, Microsoft Office programs, and project management tools
- Ability to work independently with direction and as part of a larger team
- Ability to travel within the USA
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit:
- Cover letter and resume, including salary requirements
- A minimum of one writing sample, either long- or short-form, preferably that focuses on a topic related to cancer, health, wellness, or science
- One multimedia project sample (video, infographic, motion-graphic, etc.) with the applicant’s role explained (writer, producer, project coordinator, team member, videographer, editor, post production, etc.)
Submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: 6/29/2018.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.