Technical Writer II – Platform Independent II (Experienced)
Merck Sharp & Dohme, West Point, PA
- Develop new guidance documents (GD), job aides, (JA) and training materials based on input from NextGen Workstream leads and SAP subject matter experts.
- Manage GD, JAs and training materials identification, updates and retirements in alignment with initiative timelines.
- Work with other functional stakeholders to ensure new processes and updates are reflected in stakeholder process documents accurately.
- Ensure GD, JAs and training materials content are at the appropriate level of detail and is in alignment with ASM process guidelines and expectations.
- Manage GD, JAs and training materials review and approval processes to ensure completion in advance of system go-live.
- Provide training content development support pre and post go live.
- Ensure new GD, JAs and training materials are documented and reflected accurately in the ASM process library and/or GCD process model.
- Provide specialized support as global ancillary supplies Business Process Analyst across all phases and therapeutic classes.
- Design and manage new metrics and/or improvements to existing metrics to help the organization measure, fully understand the integrity of its processes, and implement the improvement plan.
- Develop and support the mechanisms for data collection and analysis in support of the business process metrics.
- Communicate and provide support for execution of metrics and procedures to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support in the implementation and maintenance of process maps in VISIO as needed.
- Provide support for the systems group with data integration.
- Provide mentoring & support as needed for new ASM positions and changed processes.
- Contribute process improvement suggestions and assist in implementation of new or revised procedures.
- BA/BS required.
- + 3 years or equivalent experience required.
- Pharmaceutical industry or ISO experience preferred.
- Procedures and/or training experience required.
- JDE or SAP experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of documentation techniques and standard.
- Ability to write clearly at a variety of levels of detail.
- Ability to develop and create process flow maps describing complex processes.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong knowledge of inventory and logistics planning processes.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently.
- Ability to independently work within timelines and support project milestones.
Kushal Pandya, Associate Technical Recruiter