Dear Members and Friends of STC Philadelphia Metro Chapter,
We would like to extend a special thanks to everyone that participated in chapter events this year. We had a great year and are looking forward to an even better year in 2020!
This year, we are raffling off a $25 Amazon.com Gift Card to anyone who has joined our chapter by December 31st, 2019. The Chapter membership fee is $25 per year, so winning this raffle is like getting your chapter membership fee for free!
As a renewing or new chapter member, you’re automatically eligible for this random prize drawing (which is being coordinated using a third-party service called RANDOM.ORG). This service allows us to randomly draw winners and enables you to verify for yourself that you’ve been entered in the drawing and whether or not you’ve won.
The drawing will be held in January, and the winner will be notified by e-mail. To check if you have won, go to the STC-PMC website.*
Not sure why you should join our chapter?
When you renew your STC membership, be sure to also join the Philadelphia Metro Chapter to receive the following benefits and more.
- We are an award winning chapter! The Philadelphia Metro Chapter has consistently won the Platinum-level achievement (that’s the highest level awarded) for the STC Community Achievement Award every year. In fact, in 2018, we even won Community of the Year! So being an STC-PMC member is being part of a well-run and recognized chapter for its activities.
- Chapter program meetings: Chapter program meetings make it easy to get involved. Our meetings are hosted in various locations and through webinars to accommodate more members. Members pay just a small fee (usually $15-20) for each meeting, and in-person meetings include a light meal (typically $5–$10 lower than non-members’ fees).
- New chapter members can attend one STC-PMC meeting free of charge! Free meeting must be redeemed within the first two months of membership. Contact for details.
- Job postings: Join the STC-PMC LinkedIn group to access local career opportunities, as well as other news related to our chapter.
- Exclusive online networking: STC-PMC members have exclusive access to the STC-PMC Slack Channel to have conversations with program leaders and each other.
- TechComm competition: Once again, we have partnered with the NY Metro chapter, as well as other award-winning chapters from Atlanta, Rochester, DC-Baltimore, New England, and South-Central Texas to run our STC Alliance Regional Competition. The competition encourages and recognizes excellence in our industry and provides opportunities to enter, judge, or volunteer. The entry fee is discounted for STC-PMC members.
- CONDUIT, our annual conference: Our chapter hosts CONDUIT, the annual Mid-Atlantic Technical Communication Conference, each spring—this year on Saturday, April 4th at the Franklin Institute. The annual event attracts presenters and attendees from the Mid-Atlantic region, as well as other parts of the country.
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth: We are always looking for new volunteers to help run and improve the organization. Visit our Volunteer page or contact us at email@example.com to learn how you can get involved.
And don’t forget, your membership dues may be tax-deductible.
If you have any additional questions about the STC Philadelphia Metro Chapter, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck for the raffle, and we look forward to seeing you at STC-PMC events in 2020!