This year, STC-PMC is changing up the structure of our Administrative Council. We want to be dynamic and svelte and to match the trends in our organization. As such, we are looking for nominations for the following roles:
- President (elected): The role of the STC-PMC President is to represent the chapter for the STC and act as its liaison to the Society. The President acts as an advisor/project manager for the entire chapter, leading the Council team in delegating and completing chapter activities that help to educate, network, recruit, and maintain the chapter membership. The President determines and sets the main plan for the programming year, and communicates the information to the STC office liaisons and other STC presidents. The chapter President supports the Treasurer and the Directors at-large in their activities and helps to ensure that the activities succeed, including running regular meetings to ensure that things are running smoothly. The President is also responsible for facilitating the STC applications for Distinguished Service Chapter Awards, Community Achievement Awards, Associate Fellow nominations, and Community Pacesetter Awards.
- Treasurer/Secretary (elected): The chapter treasurer is in charge of tracking all incoming and outgoing monies for the chapter. The bulk of this work is tied to chapter activities, such as monthly meetings, expenses, and conference expenditures. The Treasurer and President have debit cards associated with the checking account. This enables them to buy things for the chapter without requiring reimbursement, although receipts must be submitting for all transactions, and those transactions are reconciled with the chapter’s bank account on a monthly basis. The treasurer is also responsible for the submission of the yearly budget to the STC Office, and submitting any short tax forms on behalf of the chapter. The treasurer’s role is important as that person helps the chapter understand how to budget for the activities they want to do. The Secretary part of the role involves attending all the STC-PMC Council meetings, and keeping notes based on the meeting agendas.
- Directors at-Large (volunteer): This is a newly created volunteer position starting in 2020, and we need several of them. A Director at-large is part of the Council team, who in turn supports the President’s initiatives for the program year. The Council team shares the responsibilities for running the chapter. These responsibilities include:
- Academic Outreach
- Business partnerships
- Chapter digital management (website, emails, email contact list, etc.)
- All Directors will be trained in all aspects of these activities for effective job sharing, and responsibilities will rotate or change on a regular basis as the President assigns so that you will not be stuck always doing the same thing. This is a great opportunity to learn leadership skills and build upon multiple soft skills with support from your fellow Directors, and help shape the chapter going forward.
All chapter executive candidates must be current members of the STC – Philadelphia Metro Chapter.
Nominations are due June 6th, 2020, and elections will commence the following week. You must be a member to participate in the elections, but anyone can make nominations or volunteer to be a Director at-Large.