6 Months Temp to Perm
Must be US Citizens or Green card Holders
Hours – 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
$60-$75/hour on contract
Will convert to direct/perm salary of $70,000 – $90,000
Generation, Development, Formatting, and comment resolution to gain final approval of Engineering Department technical procedures and
NSTX-U operations procedures.
- Collaborate and work with project team members and subject matter experts in the development and update of technical procedures that meet PPPL institutional requirements
- Provide reviews of procedures to ensure editorial correctness/completeness against PPPL procedure standards.
- Assist the engineering department and project team with procedure reviews and the documented resolution of issues and comments
- Complete all training required of PPPL contracting staff.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or equivalent based on 2:1 years (experience: college);
- 5+ experience with writing technical procedures preferably in a research laboratory, scientific or engineering environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (including unique software/hardware requirements)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Google docs.
- Highly organized
- Ability to communicate and work with a broad range of personnel (managers, engineers, physical workers)
Physical Requirements* (if applicable – identify physical requirements that are required for the employee to perform the job’s core duties.)
Position requires mobility to travel between different offices, floors and buildings within the Laboratory. The ability to carry up to 25 lbs. of material, such as paper or other office supplies is required.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Laboratory will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job
WORKING CONDITIONS (Shift work, onsite or remote work, hours and other unique job conditions)
Generally office work with procedure physical walk-downs in an industrial facility/plant.
For more details, contact Rob Wedge, EDA Staffing: