Our membership & scholarship contest is now open! Go to http://www.stcpmc.org/education/scholarship/ to learn more and apply.
The Society for Technical Communication – Philadelphia Metro Chapter (STC-PMC) offers sponsored student memberships and a scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic year. This scholarship program assists students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree and intend to seek a career in technical writing, editing, graphic design, interface design, web design, or some other job in technical communications.
The scholarship program has two parts:
- Multiple STC-PMC student memberships ($75 value), awarded based on an application form and essay response.
- A $500 scholarship to the student’s university. This cash award is based on a student’s demonstrated participation in and contributions to the STC-PMC community.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible students for the scholarship are:
- Attending a college full-time in the greater Philadelphia area (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, or New Castle Counties)
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree with an interest in the technical communication field. Students must be studying communication of information about technical subjects. Other majors, such as general journalism, electronic engineering, computer programming, creative writing, or entertainment, are not eligible.
- Undergraduate students who have completed at least one year of post-secondary education and have at least one semester remaining before completion of the degree.
- Graduate students who have completed at least one year of graduate study and have at least one year semester before completion of the degree.