| The STC Nominating Committee (composed of members Jackie Damrau, MaryKay Grueneberg, Kelly Schrank, Li-At Rathbun, and chair Jane Wilson) is pleased to announce the final slate of candidates for the 2020 Society election. Click on a name below to learn more about the candidates. Have a question for the candidates? Submit it via the Election Forum. |
Congratulations to the candidates, and thanks to all STC members who expressed interest in running for office. Note that the final slate was prepared in accordance with the current Society bylaws. The final slate for the 2020 election includes candidates appearing on the preliminary slate as well as any qualified individuals who were properly nominated by petition and approved by the Board of Directors.
The Society election is scheduled to open on 09 March 2020. To be eligible to vote, members must have paid their dues by 31 January 2020.
Dear Members and Friends of STC Philadelphia Metro Chapter,
We would like to extend a special thanks to everyone that participated in chapter events this year. We had a great year and are looking forward to an even better year in 2020!
This year, we are raffling off a $25 Amazon.com Gift Card to anyone who has joined our chapter by December 31st, 2019. The Chapter membership fee is $25 per year, so winning this raffle is like getting your chapter membership fee for free!
As a renewing or new chapter member, you’re automatically eligible for this random prize drawing (which is being coordinated using a third-party service called RANDOM.ORG). This service allows us to randomly draw winners and enables you to verify for yourself that you’ve been entered in the drawing and whether or not you’ve won.
The drawing will be held in January, and the winner will be notified by e-mail. To check if you have won, go to the STC-PMC website.*
Not sure why you should join our chapter?
When you renew your STC membership, be sure to also join the Philadelphia Metro Chapter to receive the following benefits and more.
- We are an award winning chapter! The Philadelphia Metro Chapter has consistently won the Platinum-level achievement (that’s the highest level awarded) for the STC Community Achievement Award every year. In fact, in 2018, we even won Community of the Year! So being an STC-PMC member is being part of a well-run and recognized chapter for its activities.
- Chapter program meetings: Chapter program meetings make it easy to get involved. Our meetings are hosted in various locations and through webinars to accommodate more members. Members pay just a small fee (usually $15-20) for each meeting, and in-person meetings include a light meal (typically $5–$10 lower than non-members’ fees).
- New chapter members can attend one STC-PMC meeting free of charge! Free meeting must be redeemed within the first two months of membership. Contact for details.
- Job postings: Join the STC-PMC LinkedIn group to access local career opportunities, as well as other news related to our chapter.
- Exclusive online networking: STC-PMC members have exclusive access to the STC-PMC Slack Channel to have conversations with program leaders and each other.
- TechComm competition: Once again, we have partnered with the NY Metro chapter, as well as other award-winning chapters from Atlanta, Rochester, DC-Baltimore, New England, and South-Central Texas to run our STC Alliance Regional Competition. The competition encourages and recognizes excellence in our industry and provides opportunities to enter, judge, or volunteer. The entry fee is discounted for STC-PMC members.
- CONDUIT, our annual conference: Our chapter hosts CONDUIT, the annual Mid-Atlantic Technical Communication Conference, each spring—this year on Saturday, April 4th at the Franklin Institute. The annual event attracts presenters and attendees from the Mid-Atlantic region, as well as other parts of the country.
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth: We are always looking for new volunteers to help run and improve the organization. Visit our Volunteer page or contact us at email@example.com to learn how you can get involved.
And don’t forget, your membership dues may be tax-deductible.
If you have any additional questions about the STC Philadelphia Metro Chapter, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck for the raffle, and we look forward to seeing you at STC-PMC events in 2020!
Technical Writer II – Platform Independent II (Experienced)
Merck Sharp & Dohme, West Point, PA
- Develop new guidance documents (GD), job aides, (JA) and training materials based on input from NextGen Workstream leads and SAP subject matter experts.
- Manage GD, JAs and training materials identification, updates and retirements in alignment with initiative timelines.
- Work with other functional stakeholders to ensure new processes and updates are reflected in stakeholder process documents accurately.
- Ensure GD, JAs and training materials content are at the appropriate level of detail and is in alignment with ASM process guidelines and expectations.
- Manage GD, JAs and training materials review and approval processes to ensure completion in advance of system go-live.
- Provide training content development support pre and post go live.
- Ensure new GD, JAs and training materials are documented and reflected accurately in the ASM process library and/or GCD process model.
- Provide specialized support as global ancillary supplies Business Process Analyst across all phases and therapeutic classes.
- Design and manage new metrics and/or improvements to existing metrics to help the organization measure, fully understand the integrity of its processes, and implement the improvement plan.
- Develop and support the mechanisms for data collection and analysis in support of the business process metrics.
- Communicate and provide support for execution of metrics and procedures to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support in the implementation and maintenance of process maps in VISIO as needed.
- Provide support for the systems group with data integration.
- Provide mentoring & support as needed for new ASM positions and changed processes.
- Contribute process improvement suggestions and assist in implementation of new or revised procedures.
- BA/BS required.
- + 3 years or equivalent experience required.
- Pharmaceutical industry or ISO experience preferred.
- Procedures and/or training experience required.
- JDE or SAP experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of documentation techniques and standard.
- Ability to write clearly at a variety of levels of detail.
- Ability to develop and create process flow maps describing complex processes.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong knowledge of inventory and logistics planning processes.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently.
- Ability to independently work within timelines and support project milestones.
Kushal Pandya, Associate Technical Recruiter
It’s time for the annual STC-PMC Holiday Potluck! This FREE social event will be hosted by Jamie Sanecki and is open to all current and former STC members. Spouses and partners welcome.
- DATE: Sunday, December 15, 2019
- TIME: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM (EST)
- PLACE: 918 Stokes Avenue, Collinsgwood, NJ 08108
We hope to see you as we celebrate the holiday season!
Judith (“Judy”) Glick-Smith, Ph.d will discuss how flow-based leadership techniques can improve P&P professionals’ productivity, decision-making skills, and leadership capabilities.
She is the founder of MentorFactor, Inc., the home of The Center for Flow-Based Leadership ® , which focuses on helping organizations prepare for the unexpected and facilitate agility by implementing flow-based work environments. Judy is a Fellow and past international president of STC.
The webinar is free to P&P (Policy & Procedures) SIG members. However, you must register to receive the link to the webinar and the recording. This webinar is also available to non SIG members for a $10 and non STC members for a $20 registration fee.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/becoming-a-flow-based-leader-in-your-organization-as-a-pp-writer-tickets-80397365685 The link will take you to our Eventbrite site where you can register for the webinar. Once you register you will receive a confirmation and the GoToMeeting link to the webinar.