The STC-PMC Mid-Atlantic TechComm Conference
CONDUIT is STC-PMC’s annual technical communication conference, taking place at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. Our presentations and workshops are given not only by Philadelphia metro area experts, but also by global experts from the U.S. and Canada. Attendees come from many points in North America to attend this conference. CONDUIT has had the strong sponsorship of the tech comm industry over the years due to the strength and the growth of the conference.
CONDUIT 2019 runs for two days and has a Philly-style vibe!
Day 1: Workshops – Friday, April 5, 2019: Full or half-day of workshops
- Interactive Workshops
- Lunch included for full-day attendees!
- Workshop registration, schedule, and pricing
- Directions and parking
Day 2: Full-day Conference – Saturday, April 6, 2019:
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and door prizes!
- Keynote speaker
- Conference sessions
- Conference registration and pricing
- Directions and parking
Join us on Friday, April 5 for the half-day workshops. You can choose to attend one or both. Lunch will be provided for attendees of both workshops!
- Mastering Responsive Design with MadCap Flare by Neil Perlin
- And… (Deliver More, Do More, Ask For More). by Bernard Aschwanden (sponsored by Adobe)
Visit the Workshops page for additional details about the workshops and presenters.
Morning Workshop Sessions: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Afternoon Workshop Sessions: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
STC-PMC Member: $75 for each workshop
STC Member: $80 for each workshop
Non-Member: $85 for each workshop
Full-time Student/ Between Jobs: $30
Join us on Saturday, April 6th for our annual full-day conference featuring multiple sessions and a keynote presentation by Neil Perlin, President of Hyper/Word Services.
The conference sessions feature a variety of topics including content strategy, technical writing, project management, and much more. There will be plenty of opportunities to connect and network with your peers.
A continental breakfast, lunch, and fabulous door prizes will be provided!
Registration: 8:15 AM -8:45 AM
Keynote and Sessions: 8:45 AM – 4:00 PM
STC-PMC Member: $150
STC Member :$160
Full-time Student/ Between Jobs: $75
Visit the Conference Speakers page for additional details about the sessions and speakers. Sessions are listed alphabetically by title.
- Keynote – Preparing for the Unknown by Neil Perlin
- Adding Value as a Technical Communicator by Ed Marsh
- Analytics Can Change Your World by David Payne
- Back Then. Here and Now. Around the Corner. Sharing the Content Lifecycle. by Bernard Aschwanden
- Blockchain: The Challenges of Communicating Disruptive Technology by Aiessa Moyna
- Developing Workflow-Based Help by Cindy Pao
- A Guide to Designing and Launching Amazing Learning Experiences by Linda Daniels and Nick Floro
- How to Make the Magic Happen in Your Deliverables: A Demonstration of XML’s Impact on Your Content Delivery Processes by Deb Bissantz (Sponsored by Vasont Systems)
- Improve Your Publications and Career Prospects With Technical Editing Skills by Brett Peruzzi
- The Interplay of UX and Technical Communication by Deborah Sauer
- Negotiation Skills: The Missing Ingredient to Content Career Success by Jack Molisani
- #PowerOfStory – The Cultural Program That Got Me Clicks by Viqui Dill
- Proactive Listening: How to Cut Through the Noise by Gary Sternberg
- Virtual Reality: Immersive Experiences with Real-World Applications by Jill Knight
- Virtual Team Success by Todd deLuca
- Will AI Change Tech Comm? by Nicky Bleiel
- Working and Writing Across the Generations by Steve Jong
The Elaine Levitt and Joel Gershman Education and Conference Center
The Franklin Institute
271 North 21st Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
The Institute is located at the intersection of 20th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway and is easily reached by driving or public transportation.
If you plan to park at the Franklin Institute, we have a special reduced rate parking day pass for $6.00. Be sure to choose this on your registration!
Thank you to all our event sponsors!
A special thanks to Adobe for hosting the conference.
Interested in Sponsoring? Contact our Sponsorship team to find out how you can contribute to CONDUIT.