The Society for Technical Communication – Philadelphia Metro Chapter (STC-PMC) is offering free student memberships (a $75 value) for 2020!
Read a recent Drexel student’s perspective on the benefits of joining STC-PMC.
Who Is Eligible?
- Full time undergraduate and graduate students attending college in the greater Philadelphia area (Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, or New Castle Counties).
- Students who have completed the first academic year of their undergraduate or graduate program, and have at least one semester remaining before degree completion.
- Students who have an interest in the technical communication field.
How Do I Apply?
Prepare the following items:
- A 300-500 word essay response to the question, “Why do you want to join STC-PMC and how do you expect to benefit from your membership?”
- A résumé or equivalent information.
Complete the the STC-PMC Student Application Form.
What Is The Deadline?
Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2020. The STC-PMC Academic Outreach Committee evaluates all applications. Approved applicants will receive a 12 month student-level STC membership in the Philadelphia Metro Chapter (STC-PMC).
How Will I Know If I Won?
Winners will be notified by phone or email in late spring 2020
What Are Sponsored Student Members Required To Do?
Sponsored students receive a list of suggested activities and volunteer opportunities. Throughout the year, the Academic Outreach Committee evaluates student members’ participation and contributions to STC-PMC.
Higher Education Mailing List
Join our Higher Education mailing list to receive information about the STC-PMC Mentoring Program and other university-related material. Want to get more involved? Consider being a STC-PMC university contact!
Your contact information is not shared, and you may unsubscribe at any time.
The Funding Your Masters page on MastersDegree.net provides useful information about financial aid and other funding opportunities. The site includes a variety of information useful to anyone considering (or currently pursuing) graduate level studies.