The Society for Technical Communication – Philadelphia Metro Chapter (STC-PMC) is offering free student memberships and a $500 scholarship for 2022!
This sponsored membership and scholarship program assists students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree and intend to seek a career in technical writing, editing, graphic design, interface design, web design, or some other job in technical communications.
The program has two parts:
Multiple STC-PMC student memberships ($75 value), awarded based on an application form and short essay response.
One $500 scholarship to a selected student’s university. This cash award is based on a student’s demonstrated participation in and contributions to the STC-PMC community.
Who Is Eligible?
- Full time undergraduate and graduate students attending college in the greater Philadelphia area (Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, or New Castle Counties).
- Students who have completed the first academic year of their undergraduate or graduate program and have at least one semester remaining before degree completion.
- Students who have an interest in the technical communication field.
How Do I Apply for the Sponsored Student Memberships?
Prepare the following items:
- A 300-500 word essay response to the question, “Why do you want to join STC-PMC and how do you expect to benefit from your membership?”
- A résumé or equivalent information.
Complete the the STC-PMC Student Membership Application Form.
When Is The Deadline?
Applications must be submitted by February 25, 2022. The STC-PMC Membership Committee evaluates all applications.
How Will I Know If I Won a Student Membership?
Winners of the sponsored student memberships will be notified via email by the end of March.
How Do I Compete for the Scholarship?
Winners of the sponsored student memberships are eligible to compete for the $500 scholarship based on their participation and involvement in STC-PMC activities from April through June 2022. Throughout the spring, the STC-PMC Membership Committee evaluates student members’ contributions to STC-PMC activities for scholarship consideration. A list of suggested activities and specific opportunities to volunteer will be provided to sponsored students.